WEST SUFFOLK COLLEGE
West Suffolk College (http://www.wsc.ac.uk) is a further and higher Education College with an outstanding reputation and its main campus located in Bury St Edmunds, a lively and historic town in the Middle of Suffolk, England, one of the most prosperous area of the United Kingdom.
The town benefits from a lovely location, being close to Cambridge and just over an hour from London, and excellent transport links.
Vision and mission
Our vision is putting our learners and their success at the heart of everything we do. Delivery of outstanding education that inspires individual excellence.
Educational Offer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
West Suffolk College has evolved over more than 60 years and is an established, major player providing high quality Further and Higher education to the East Anglia region.
In 2016 European students can chose among a wide range of existing and new courses:
- the most comprehensive range of Technical education in the region
- University courses (including Teacher Education), currently validated by the Universities of East Anglia and Essex (ranked 2nd in the 2015 National Student Survey and in the top 5 every year since the survey began).
- a work related programme will also be available
- short courses and long programmes in English as the College has a talent staff expertise in the teaching of ESOL, IELTS and EFL
The College is made up of exceptionally creative, enthusiastic, passionate and energetic people who know their subjects well and has an extensive team of support staff whose role is to help our students to succeed in their choice. This includes free English support as well as Maths and IT.
Work related educational offer
A major strength of WSC is its links with employers (1,600 businesses). All WSC courses include work related activity/work experience and placement. We also have a large contract for Apprenticeships and training for businesses.
Accommodation for students is Homestay
Students live with a local English-speaking host in their home, usually based within a walking distance to the College. The host provides HB accommodation during the week, plus lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
Student Welfare and Advice
We have a dedicated team of advisers on hand to guide our students through any problems such as personal, financial, housing or relationships ones.
Adult and teacher training
Besides the traditional offer for adult education, WSC can include other aspects such as:
- Student centred learning styles, Priorities in UK Education, Trends in vocational teaching in the UK, Computer based learning, Local Culture and visits.
West Suffolk College prides itself on state of the art facilities including:
- Modern purpose-built workshops equipped to industry standard
- A full suite of art and Music studios
- A new Performing Arts theatre that seats up to 100 people
- An industry standard music production and recording studios
- First class restaurant, bistro and cafeteria
- Sports and leisure facilities with swimming-pool and gym close to the main Campus.
We are partner of University Campus Suffolk and provide full and part-time degree courses. We also work in partnership with Suffolk One and more than 12 Secondary schools.
The College is looking for outstanding teachers and graduates to train as teachers and teach our students.
A competitive salary, contributory pension and help in finding suitable accommodation is provided if appointed. (email@example.com).